Ashwagandha Root Seeds (~80): Non-GMO, Heirloom, Open Pollinated Seeds from The United States
- Package Dimensions: 5 x 3.1 x 0.1 inches
- Item Weight: 0.81 ounces
- Manufacturer: The Plant Good Seed Company LLC
- Item model number: ASH0001
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer: No
- Packet: ~80 seeds (0.12 gram)
- Non-GMO, open pollinated, heirloom variety. Save your own seeds!
- Plant in Early Spring.
- Located in Ojai, California, United States. Plant Good Seed. Know the Source.
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is a perennial night shade family plant native to the Indian and Asian continents and predominantly cultivated for its creamy white roots that are commonly used as a tea. The plant name is derived from the Sanskrit “ashva,” meaning horse, and “gandha,” meaning smell. The root has a strong aroma that is described as "horse-like." These roots have long been used in Ayurvedic (Indian) medicine. While the plant is perennial in warmer climates, it can also be grown as one year annual for fall roots. Start the seeds early as early as possible and harvest 135 days-plus following establishment.