Frontier Co-op Horsetail Herb, Cut & Sifted (Shavegrass), Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Equisetum arvense
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 10.9 x 10.1 x 2.3 inches; 0.8 Ounces
- Item model number : 656
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-op
- Best Sellers Rank: #10,475 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden) #77 in Herb Plants & Seeds
- #77 in Herb Plants & Seeds
- Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars 787 ratings
- HORSETAIL HERB - Horsetail is a non-flowering plant that is commonly cultivated and harvested in several continents, including Asia, Europe, North Africa, and North America. It grows well in moist areas with chalky soil. Horsetail is a derivative of larger plants that grew during the Carboniferous period over 300 million years ago. The plant contains silica, which is what gives it a gritty texture.
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - Horsetail is prized by herbalists and used with a wide variety of other wholesome herbs in herbal tea blends.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Horsetail can be used to make a warm, relaxing drink with a mild, herbaceous aroma. It is caffeine-free.
- SOURCED FROM BULGARIA - Frontier Co-op Horsetail Herbs are grown and processed in Bulgaria. They are kosher and there are no artificial additives or chemicals used during any step of the growing process.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) is a perennial plant grown in continents like North America, North Africa, and Asia. The plant is well over 300 million years old, dating as far back as the Carboniferous period, and is known to have been used in ancient Roman and Greek times. Best Uses: Beverages, Cosmetics, Shampoo FEATURES 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces) Cut and Sifted Kosher Non-Irradiated Botanical name: Equisetum arvense Common Names: Shave-grass, bottle-brush, and paddock-pipes