Happy Mother's Day - Give Something Special for That Special Mother - GreenBox Family Farms Mushroom Grow Kit, Produces Over 1 lb. of Delicious Blue Oyster Mushrooms, Great Gift Idea
- Manufacturer: GreenBox Family Farms
- Pleurotus ostreatus, the Blue Oyster Mushroom, is a lovely mushroom to watch grow and to eat. This mushrooms name comes from the resemblance it has to bivalve mollusk found in the ocean. Few mushrooms are more satisfying to watch grow as the Blue Oyster Mushroom. It is very forgiving and easy to grow making it the ideal choice for a beginner. The fruits grow rapidly, sometimes doubling in size everyday. The mushroom starts out strikingly blue and turns grey as it matures.
- The taste of these delicious mushrooms is unparalleled. The earthy, rich texture is the perfect addition to your favorite dishes. You can find blue mushrooms oysters in many Asian style cuisines like donabe pots or other stews since the mushrooms hold their integrity well in soups. Also, these delicious mushrooms act as an excellent meat replacement because for their chewy texture and tasty size. They are absolutely irresistible by cooking them in just a simple saute with brown butter.
- Blue Oyster mushrooms contain a plethora of valuable constituents, like proteins, amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They are rich in vitamin B and vitamin D. Iron and potassium are also present in these mushrooms. Blue oyster calories: One cup (86 g) of sliced blue oyster mushrooms has 37 calories.
- Blue Oyster mushrooms can be used in a variety of dishes, especially soups and pastas. The flavor is unique and delicious.
The stunning bivalve-like blue oyster mushroom belongs to the genus, pleurotus. These mushrooms are found growing in clusters on dead and decaying hardwood during Spring & Autumn. This thick and meaty fungi will develop from deep, midnight blue pins into large, pale blue grey caps. Increased exposure to indirect sunlight may result in more vibrantly colored caps.